Survive and Thrive
Plants have amazing adaptations that ensure their growth and survival.
Examine a range of native plants from contrasting rainforest and arid environments, observe the amazing adaptations that allow them to grow and survive.
In research teams, conduct a scientific investigation and complete scientific illustrations, fine tuning skills and making connections between the physical conditions in which plants live and their growth and survival.
- Conduct a scientific investigation into how environmental conditions affect the growth, survival and adaptation of plants in two contrasting environments (arid and rainforest)
- Complete a scientific illustration after making observations and using scientific measurement tools
- Consider a testable scientific question, formulate a hypothesis, collect and analyse data to communicate conclusions
- Investigating how physical conditions effect the survival of plants
- Examining the structural and behavioural adaptations that support the survival of plants in rainforest and arid environments
- Conducting a comparative scientific study using tools
- Performing a scientific investigation to draw a scientific diagram
- Applying reasoning to draw conclusions
Links to New South Wales curriculum
Focus Syllabus Outcomes
- Plans and conducts scientific investigations to answer testable questions and collects and summarises data to communicate conclusions (ST3-1WS-S)
- Examines how the environment affects the growth, survival and adaptation of living things (ST3-4LW-S)
Discover the amazing adaptations that allow them to grow and survive.