Palm House and Lawn
The Palm House is New South Wales' oldest glasshouse and sits in a beautiful garden setting.
Palm House and Lawn, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Starting from $1,790.
See full rate card below.
Up to 120 guests
Find answers to the top venue hire questions
Celebrate in New South Wales' oldest glasshouse
Flooded with natural light, the Palm House sits in a beautiful garden setting.
Built in 1876, the Palm House is the oldest glasshouse in New South Wales, and makes a charming setting for a memorable and unique function.
- Wedding ceremonies
- Wedding receptions
- Cocktail functions
- Product and media launches
- Seated lunches or dinners
- Christmas and birthday parties
- Exclusive use of your indoor venue for your booking period, including set-up and pack-down time
- Rubbish and recycling bins
- Up to three supplier escorts
- Wedding photography permit
The Palm House is hired as an empty venue with no furniture. This means that you are responsible for providing all event services and infrastructure required to run your event, such as catering, furniture and décor.
July 2023 to June 2024
Events at Palm House
|8 am to midnight||$2,625|
8 am to 12 pm
|8 am to 5 pm|
|1 pm to 5 pm||$1,905|
|Site hire: additional hour(s)||$325|
|Supplier escort through Garden (vehicle access suppliers only). Fee per vehicle (includes entry and exit).||$90|
Ranger fee, per hour
- All fees are quoted GST inclusive.
- The above rates include site hire only, all furniture and equipment need to be arranged by the hirer.
- Ranger fees are subject to a minimum of four hours.
- Bookings outside of the Garden opening times will incur an additional ranger fee.
- Duration of event booking includes set up and pack up of the event.
- Maximum of three supplier escorts per booking.
- Additional miscellaneous charges may apply.
- Fees valid 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024.